Delegates and alternates will be able to keep in contact with everyone at home throughout this Triennial Meeting with wireless access available in the Plenary Room, courtesy of Episcopal Church Women. Smart Phones, Laptops, and Tablets will be able to access Twitter, Facebook, personal and diocesan blogs, and more throughout the 48th Triennial Meeting. The Communications Team will update Twitter and Facebook regularly throughout the day using #ECWTM48. Follow us on Twitter @ecwspirit and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ecwnational and stay connected!
Click here to register:
Participation is limited to the first 200 registrants. Cost is $30 per participant. Payment may be made online using PayPal or the check mailed to the treasurer. Online registration only. For assistance registering online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner Sponsor $5000 Our Partner Sponsor is our premium level sponsor and will receive Top name and logo placement on Race Tees, banners, and all race materials Top logo placement on our Triennial Web Page sidebar, and each monthly eCommunique … Continue reading
Run for Office on the National ECW Board!!
Deadline to Submit Nomination Form, Resume & Photo: October 15, 2014
Submit to either Sandra Powers, chair of the nominating committee or Kathy Mank, nominating committee National ECW Board liaison
If you have attended at least one Triennial Meeting the following positions are open to you:
Member at Large – Social Justice
Member at Large – Multi Media/Communications
If you have previously served a full term on the National ECW Board these positions are open to you:
Vice President of Program
Vice President for Information & Communication
Why the early deadline to run for office when the election takes place at Triennial in 2015?
• There can be no nominations from the floor
• Candidates running must have received consent from the Presiding Bishop and Executive Council to run for office
Why is the National ECW Board subject to these changes?
• In response to a resolution at TM 2012, Legal Counsel at the church-wide office in New York City reviewed the structure and relationship of the National ECW Board to The Episcopal Church (TEC)
• To comply with church canons and the IRS, bylaw amendments were carefully drafted with Legal Counsel, reviewed by the board Parliamentarian and subsequently adopted in spirit by the 2012-2015 National ECW Board
• The new election procedures include the formation of a nominating committee with representatives from all 9 provinces and the creation of a time-line to ensure compliance with the bylaw amendments
Will Province Representatives to the National ECW Board be subject to the new rules?
• Yes! Province boards are electing the province reps to the national ECW board at 2014 annual meetings. The province reps’ names will be submitted to the Presiding Bishop at the same time as the names of women running for offices. The province reps elected will be required to complete the same nomination forms. Local bishop recommendation is strongly encouraged if not mandated.
Nominating Process Time Line
Letter to Province Presidents from Nominating Committee board liaison (to be added soon)
Nominating Committee from all 9 Provinces
Revised Bylaws subject to adoption at TM 2015